The rural school community of Wyalong Public School works closely together to ensure that all students excel and achieve their personal best.
Wyalong Public School offers small class sizes to help better the learning needs of your child. Students are actively supported and encouraged to:
- attain their best in all key learning areas;
- be self-directed and life long learners;
- learn how to learn;
- show concern for others;
- and have high self-esteem.
Programs on offer at our school
- Meals on Wheels (delivered by our students each Monday 11.25-1.10pm)
- Music Tuition (each Friday, Clarinets, Drums, Guitar, Sax, Recorder)
- Choir (each Friday)
- Dance (each Friday) Directed by local Dance Teacher Celina Harvey
- West Wyalong Community Radio Program (each Wednesday).
Charities and community involvement
In the past we have prided ourselves by contributing to the community through:
- Sending West Wyalong Read (a fundraising initiative for the Victorian Bush Fire Appeal)
- Foot it for fathers (a prostate cancer fundraising initiative)
- The P&C Pink Ball (a ball held and hosted by our schools P&C to raise awareness and finances for Can Assit).
We annually contribute to:
- The Children's hospital (mufti days)
- West Wyalong Meals on Wheels.